Professional nursing at Suburban Hospital is about more than providing excellent care to our patients. It’s about community, teamwork, compassion, accountability, and integrity. It’s also about professional growth, educational development, and career advancement. Our physicians, nurses, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Nurse Educators and hospital staff are committed to advancing world-class patient care, technology, and clinical research.
Click here to search our job openings and apply online.
Career possibilities – the more you have the better! Here, your professional career choices will span a full range of clinical services with a not-for-profit hospital that is implicitly patient focused. Below is an overview of each of our nursing units. Internships offered in all medical /surgical areas for qualified RNs.
- Intensive Care Unit – Our ICU nurses care for 1,800 critically ill or injured patients annually within our medical/surgical ICU. The unit features state-of-the-art equipment and a bright, open environment with large, private patient rooms and Critical Care Intensivists available at all times. Internship offered twice a year for qualified RNs.
- Cardiothoracic Open Heart Recovery/ICU and Step-down – This unit features 10 ICU beds and 10 step-down beds. Patients in these units will go from open heart surgery to discharge with the same nursing staff. Internship offered twice a year for qualified RNs.
- Cardiac Catheterization Lab – This unit features three new all-digital catheterization labs provide outputs in the highest resolution available, film-viewing for doctors via high-security Internet access, three newly built, staffed, and equipped Catheterization Labs and a 14-bed recovery unit.
- Cardiology Unit – A 20-bed monitored unit for pre- and post-cardiac intervention, telemetry; acute MI, unstable dysrhythmia; CHF or cardiac related diagnosis.
- Internship offered twice a year for qualified RNs.
- Operating Room – features 15 fully equipped surgical rooms, including, two new Open Heart suites, a cystoscopy suite, and a dedicated ophthalmology suite. Our highly successful OR nurse internship program has trained several new OR nurses. Our OR is not only a remarkable place to practice, but a great place to learn! Internship offered twice a year for qualified RNs.
- PACU – On an average day, our PACU nurses see 40 to 50 ambulatory and inpatient surgery patients in this unit. Features of the unit include 17 Phase 1 and Phase II beds and an isolation room. With a diverse patient population, no two days are ever the same!
- Emergency Services – Our Emergency/Trauma Center sees more than 40,000 patients each year, including more than 1,300 trauma cases. The 32-bed unit includes Advanced Triage and a Behavioral Health Suite. We are the state-designated Level II Trauma Center for Montgomery County and nearby area patients. Our state-of-the-art facility features an elevated helipad, dedicated 2-bay trauma room, and an MRI Center to diagnose heart attacks and strokes. Other features include the TJC-certified NIH Stroke Center, which offers a Stroke Team which is available 24 hours a day, and an 8-bed minor emergency area that is open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. with the goal to have patients out in 90 minutes.
- Pediatric Emergency Services –This unique, 7-bed pediatric unit with four inpatient beds and three emergency beds. This unit provides state of the art emergency equipment and technology services to pediatric patients, 24 hours a day; 7 days a week
- Adult Medicine – This unit cares for a variety of medical patients. Practitioners are skilled in managing patients with diabetes, patients requiring hemodialysis, and other multisystem medical conditions.
- Acute Medicine - This unit cares for medical patients who require telemetry. Practitioners are skilled in managing peritoneal dialysis, patients requiring cardiac monitoring, and other multisystem medical conditions.
- Oncology - This unit cares for medical and surgical oncology patients. Practitioners are skilled in pain management, palliative care, and chemotherapy.
- Adult Surgical - This unit cares for surgical patients. Practitioners are skilled in post operative care and trauma care.
- Orthopedic/Neuroscience/Trauma - This unit cares for orthopedic and neurosurgical patients. Practitioners are skilled in managing patients who have undergone hip and knee replacement, laminectomies, and trauma patients.