Stroke is the fourth leading cause of death in the United States and the leading cause of adult disability. Risk factors include high blood pressure, high cholesterol, cigarette smoking, diabetes and a history of heart disease.
The signs and symptoms of stroke include:
• Sudden numbness or weakness of face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
• Sudden confusion or trouble talking or understanding speech
• Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
• Sudden trouble walking, dizziness or loss of balance or coordination
• Sudden severe headache with no known cause
To Learn more | Go to www.suburbanhospital.org/healthinfo
to listen to Dr. Merino share important information about stroke.
To become a Stroke Awareness Ambassador, see page 12.