Health Information Management Suspension of Admitting Privileges
- Letters are mailed to your office twice monthly notifying you of incomplete records including the number of days post discharge or treatment.
- The Suspension list is created every two weeks for delinquent records:
- Any record that is 30 days or older and not complete is considered delinquent.
- The list is posted at noon every other Tuesday and those physicians on the list will temporarily loose their admitting privileges and surgical posting privileges.
- Once all the records and dictations are completed, you are removed from the list and all privileges are reinstated.
- You are encouraged to notify HIM of any vacations or long periods of time you are not available to complete your records so that you are not suspended needlessly.